Areas of Practice
With a few exceptions, attorneys in New York are not allowed to claim that they are “specialists” in any field of law. However, most attorneys—including Grimble & LoGuidice, LLC—have certain dominant areas of practice.
Most of our practice is litigation involves New York State Courts, as well as Federal Court and Bankruptcy Court.
In litigation matters, we also handle
- Negligence (personal injury)
- Breach of contract
- Bankruptcy matters, and other types of civil litigation.
Through our client base, we have come to handle matters relating to entertainment law, including filing copyright applications, and working with entertainment contracts.
There are other types of cases that we rarely take, depending on the facts, or may refer to other counsel.
- Criminal defense
- Labor and Employment Law
- Maritime or admiralty matters
- Matters in other states or cases brought a substantial distance from New York City, or outside of New York State.
A great deal of our practice involves
- Real estate matters
- Housing related litigation, including superintendent holdovers
- Landlord tenant matters, both residential and commercial
- Matrimonial (divorce)
- Administrative proceedings before the DHCR and other regulatory agencies
- Obtaining repairs for tenants
- Appeals from administrative determinations
- Appeals after trial
- Business/Contract litigation
We also handle transactional matters
- House and building sales
- Real Estate Development
- Estate Planning, wills, and trusts
- Department of Buildings violations
- Administrative hearings
- Establishing and building corporations, LLCs, and other business entities.
While our practice is based in New York County, we will also handle cases in Queens, Bronx, Kings, Richmond, and Nassau Counties.
Photograph by Tony Notarberardino.